- For Employers Mediation can improve working relationships, reduce sickness absence and help provide a harmonious and productive workforce. It makes commercial common sense.
- For Employees Mediation will reduce conflict, stress and long term absence from work.
- Mediation helps disputants to solve their own problems.
- Mediation improves prospects of long term cooperation.
- Mediation improves communication and looks to the future rather than dwelling on the past.
- Mediation keeps you in control rather than handing that control to lawyers and the courts.
- Mediation is totally confidential which can help to minimise damaging gossip and rumour in the workplace.
- Mediation is cheaper and quicker than other forms of dispute resolution.
We deal with everyone in the workplace community including owners, managers and staff of any level.
No, Workplace Mediation is suitable for any kind of Workplace dispute including disputes between the staff themselves or between business owners.
No, it is entirely voluntary and it is part of the Mediators role to ensure the parties are there because they want to be and that generally there is a level playing field.
Nobody except the parties themselves and the Mediator unless the participants authorise it – it is totally confidential.
Mediating a dispute is nearly always considerably cheaper than using the courts or other methods of dispute resolution. We will agree a day rate with you upfront with no hidden extras.
A Workplace Mediation is normally concluded within one working day and involves the parties in minimal preparation.
Wherever you want it to – we can mediate at your place of work, in our offices or at an alternative neutral venue.
No – a mediation agreement provides the parties with a framework and an agreed way forward without shutting down access to other forms of Dispute Resolution. However, in our experience, mediated settlements have a high success rate simply because they reflect a solution engineered by the parties themselves rather than one which has been imposed.